Ref. No: IRDAI/HLT/REG/CIR/246/09/2021 13th September, 2021
All Life, General and Stand Alone Health Insurers (Except AIC and ECGC)
Re: Extension of timelines for sale and renewal of short term Covid specific health insurance policies
1. Reference is invited to the short term Covid specific health insurance policies permitted to be offered by all Insurers.
2. In partial modification of Clause 2 of Circular ref.no: IRDAI/HLT/REG/CIR/061/03/2021 dated 24.03.2021, all insurers are permitted to offer and renew short term Covid specific health policies up to 31.03.2022.
3. Accordingly, Corona Kavach Policies offered as per Guidelines on Covid Standard Indemnity based Health Policy of Circular ref no. IRDAI/HLT/REG/CIR/163/06/2020 dated 26.06.2020 and Corona Rakshak Policies offered as per Guidelines on Covid Standard benefit based Health Policy of Circular ref no. IRDAI/HLT/REG/CIR/164/06/2020 dated 26.06.2020 are also permitted to be offered and renewed by all insurers up to 31.03.2022.
4. All other terms and conditions remain valid as specified under the respective guidelines.
5. This has the approval of competent authority.
General Manager (Health)