INSURANCE REGULATORY AND DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY OF INDIA
3rd floor, Parisrama Bhavan, Basheerbagh, Hyderabad
Tel: 91 40 23381100 Fax: 91 40 66823334
Notification No.: IRDA/HR/NTC/PER/234/11/2016 Date: 24-11-2016
APPOINTMENT OF CONSULTANT FOR IRDAI GRIEVANCES
CALL CENTRE (IGCC) ON CONTRACT BASIS
1. CALL CENTRE:
IRDAI launched IRDA Grievance Call Centre from 20th July 2010. The call centre is based out of Hyderabad. The Call Centre serves as a toll free, 12 hours * 6 days service platform, from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM, Monday to Saturday. The services are offered not only in Hindi and English but also in 8 major Indian languages.
2.APPOINTMENT OF CONSULTANT ON CONTRACT BASIS:
IRDAI is looking for a suitable person to work on contract basis to oversee its call centre operations in addition to assisting the Authority with the periodical audit of the Call Centre from Technology (IVR-Interactive Voice Response system/ACD – Automatic call distribution/Line in queue/Manning workstations) and Process (Scripts/Service levels including Defective calls/Fatal errors/Exceptional calls) points of view.
The Consultant will be provided with Online Barging facility as well as access to call centre software including CRM (Customer Relationship Management) application to monitor quality of recorded/live calls/emails/scanned documents along with the Vendor’s Quality Analysis Team for appropriate data capture and efficient redressal of grievances of policyholders.
3.DUTIES OF CONSULTANT:
The following are the duties of Consultant:
· To handle Consumer Grievance Affairs at Hyderabad Office
· To visit the call centre as part of the job of overseeing operations and technology as well as the process
· To monitor quality and also study required number of live/recorded calls/emails/documents towards ensuring the appropriate quality of the voice calls/emails/scanned documents and the related processes involved
· To observe the performance of the Call Centre Response Team and suggest ways of improving efficiency of Call Centre Executives having regard to their floor behavior
· To identify the need for Refresher Training for Call Centre Executives not performing well enough both in terms of soft skills and Insurance/Grievance redressal process knowledge and advice the Authority of the action to be taken
· To oversee the scrutiny and the registration process followed by the Call Centre Executives on the complaints received and to provide necessary guidance and support wherever required in order to ensure that the purpose behind the procedures/processes stipulated by IRDAI is achieved
· To assist the Authority in expanding the initiative and also forecasting number of work stations from time to time.
· To oversee knowledge management including adding new scripts and modifying Standard Operating Procedure
· To assess implementation of Call Centre in regional languages and suggest ways and means of improving the reach
· To study and inspect technology infrastructure on behalf of the Authority from time to time to ensure appropriate PRI (Primary Rate Interface) Utilization, reduction in average queue time and to ensure appropriate connectivity
· To oversee managed backups by Vendor
· To monitor the performance of the Vendor in relation to the parameters specified in SLA on matters concerning the complaints including registration
· To provide necessary MIS/Periodical statements on the functioning of the Call Centre to the Authority as stipulated from time to time
· Any other job related to the working of IGCC and Grievance handling
4.QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE: The candidates should be a Graduate and possess minimum 3 years of experience in managing Call centre/CRM operations. Qualified professionals with aforementioned minimum years of experience in call centre management/Insurance companies may apply. Scale IV and above Officers retired from Public Sector Insurance Companies/Central Government/Financial Regulators or equivalent may also apply. The Authority reserves the right to relax any of the requirements for the candidates in deserving cases.
5.MAXIMUM AGE LIMIT: Not above 62 years as on last date of receipt of application, i.e., 16-12-2016.
6.TENURE: The period of contract will be for one year renewable on yearly basis subject to continued need and performance evaluation, however, the total period shall not exceed 3 years.
7.REMUNERATION AND OTHER BENEFITS: The remuneration for the Consultant shall be as under:
· A retainer fee may range between Rs. 50,000 and Rs.75,000/- per month depending on the qualifications and experience
· Rs.3000 per month will be paid for local conveyance.
· The consultant shall be eligible for 12 days leave in a calendar year on pro-rata basis and no other kind of leave is admissible. Therefore, the consultant shall not be eligible for any remuneration in case of his/her absence beyond 12 days in a year calculated on pro-rata basis. Also, unavailed leave in a calendar year cannot be carried forward to next calendar year.
· No TA/DA shall be admissible for joining the assignment or on its completion. The consultant will not be allowed foreign travel at the Authority’s expenses. The consultant shall be allowed fares and out of pocket expenses not exceeding Rs. 1000/- per day on actual basis for travel within the country in connection with the official work with the prior approval of competent authority. Any other entitlement as may be decided by the Competent Authority. He/She shall not be entitled to any other allowance/advance which regular employee of IRDAI on roll is entitled to.
8.MODE OF SELECTION: Mode of selection will be short-listing and interview. Only the short-listed candidates will be called for interview.
9.HOW TO APPLY:
· Candidates who satisfy the eligibility conditions may apply giving their bio data strictly in the format as in Annexure-1. Applications should be sent by ordinary post in a cover superscribing ‘CONSULTANT FOR IGCC ON CONTRACT BASIS’ to The Executive Director (Gen), Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India, 3rd Floor, Parisharam Bhavan, Basheer Bagh, Hyderabad – 500004
· Last date of receipt of application: 16-12-2016 by 4 PM.
Candidates should also send a scanned copy of the application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Notwithstanding his/her engagement as Consultant, IRDAI retains right to appoint any other expert to manage Call Centre issues as may be decided.
· The appointment of Consultant is of a temporary (non-official) nature and the appointment may be cancelled or terminated through written intimation by either side by giving one month’s notice without assigning any reason.
· During the period, the Consultant will not advise or accept any assignment with any regulated entity or vendor.
· The appointment of Consultant would be on full-time basis and during the period, the Consultant shall not accept any assignment without obtaining explicit consent from IRDAI.